2.13.2010

needs + wants

I saw her today at a reception
A glass of wine in her hand

I knew she would meet her connection

At her feet was her footloose man


Needs.
To love and be loved, to respect and be respected, room to grow and the personal space in which to reflect upon such.
Someone to share with the discovery of self. Someone who will marvel of the vastness of the universe.
Someone with whom I can giggle at the chaos of both, never taking anything too seriously.
Honesty, fortitude, laughter, curiosity, tenderness, affection, conversation, thoughtfulness, partnership.

Wants.
Childlike games.
Desire dripping from my fingertips.
Sarcastic banter.
To be stroked like a cat.
Mental stimulation.
Freedom of expression.
Rose petals at my feet.
Help.
Understanding.
Butterflies in my stomach.
Sweetness whispered into my ears.
Passion in my bed.
A shoulder to cry on and a lap to collapse in.
Uncontrollable laughter.
An anchor, a rock.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find

You get what you need


Nah, Mick, you are wrong.
I get what I want too.

No comments:

Post a Comment