5.05.2010

France: no longer pro-war.

Two things that do not go together.
May 4th - FUCK MEXICANS IN ARIZONA FUCK THEM IN TEXAS AND EVERYWHERE ELSE, FUCK THEM IN THE EAR, FUCK THEM IN THE OTHER EAR!!!
May 5th - Happy Cinco De Mayo - Let's Drink and Celebrate!!!

I'm sorry.
What are we celebrating again?
Thats right. Half price drinks.

I cannot imagine living in Arizona, being of Mexican origin, or even Spanish, Dominican, Latin, or any number of ethnicities that fall into the category you kinda look Mexican. You are a resident - legally - Born and Raised American (YAHOO!) and because of some law thought up by a bunch of people who most likely do not look remotely Mexican, the possibility exists you are either repeatedly stopped to prove Amerikan Authenticity or worried about being stopped (stress is a leading killer of people in the United States) which is a nuisance and waste of public funds.
"You look Mexican", employed by the same types of cops who uttered to my friends "You looked like the suspects".
Suspects: Four African American males in a Black Jeep Cherokee. My Friends: Three Caucasian males in a Gray Ford Mustang.
Remember kiddies, it is always good to ASK questions. We have rights.
Seriously though, I would never leave the house. Even strangers telling me I just left my gas cap off, or commenting to me in public about the beauty of my new shoes, send me into mild heart palpitations. Arizona would kill me within 6 months. Dead.

You can't do this. Not this way. It is wrong and it is rude.
National. Everyone must be involved, anything that only includes a segment of the population should be seen as suspect by the whole, who should be protecting the rights of all. If we can't all be profiled (because, there are more than just illegal Mexicans within our borders, there are at least ten other countries out there 'don'tcha know', some I hear can be seen right from Alaska (!) then we all need to register somewhere central. ALL of us.
ALL ALL ALL.

Wait. What are we celebrating again?
A war that was won against the French?
We celebrate this as Mexican heritage and pride Day but why wouldn't we do this on their Independence Day. In September.
So lazy, we are so lazy. It's because it had a catchy name, that has to be it.
I think Mexico, and every other nation for that matter, should celebrate our heritage and culture on February 10th, which was the day the Treaty of Paris was signed which officially ended the French and Indian War. Seems fitting, actually.
Yea.

Happy Cinco de Mayo and also Happy February 10th, like just sort of belated.

No carp were harmed during the creation of this Blog post. Some carp were offended and got their panties in a bunch to which I say, "You should have bought a thong and saved me the trouble; that’s what you get; now have a margarita and shut the fuck up."

No comments:

Post a Comment